Critical Reflection


Throughout this course, I personally feel that I have achieved the goals that I have set for myself from the start of this course. Although I was good in delivering messages and ideas through the group, I had anxiety when presenting in front of a crowd. However, through the practice of public speaking and practicing elevator pitches, it helped me gain confidence in public speaking. Learning from the exercises in class, I was able to reflect on my mistakes and make constant improvements in presenting.

In terms of report writing, there are aspects that needs improvement.  Realising that I was not a grammar nerd, I was constantly making little mistakes in my report writing. However, through the course, I was learning along the way with proper use of language and sentence structure. This would be one area that takes time and practice and I am contented that this module accelerated my learning process.

Our project group faced challenges in deciding on the direction of the report. There were many ideas that were overflowing and there were many iterations before we produced quality work. I am glad that even though there were difficulties, our project team managed to have clear intentions and course through project meetings and objectives set to clear each section systematically.

As we draw to a close of the Effective Communication module, there are mixed emotions that students have. Some with regret due to the performance they faced Effective communication and some contented with results they received. Nevertheless, through all those challenges we have faced, we reflect on what was done and what could improve as I believe that there is never an age we stop learning.

Commented on: Roland, Colin and Huan Choon

Comments

  1. Well done Glen! So glad to see you overcoming your anxiety. With practices, it makes your presentation close to perfect. Good knowing that you have made progress in learning, hope you will continue to further improve your language and sentence structure.

    Continue to have this fighting spirit in you!

    Cheers, Roland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Good job Glen ! Glad that you managed to conquer your fear in public speaking as you show it all in your show case presentation. Not only did i saw confidence in you but the message you gave was clear. Continue to thrive on improvement as that is what we all need to do together too.

    Colin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Glen,

    This is a fairly thorough reflection. You address how you were able to achieve the goals you had set for yourself at the start of the module. You also focus on a few areas of the project that stood out in terms of your learning.

    I do have a question though: Where do you go from here in terms of skills development? What do you feel you need to work on?

    Whatever the case, I appreciate your sharing in this post and all the effort you made this term.

    Best wishes as you continue your learning journey!

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interpersonal Conflict

Formal Introduction